Monday, October 31, 2011

Everything you wanted to know about Fracking in Rochester, NY but couldn’t find the sources

 
One of the most informative sessions that I have attended that actually spoke about potential environmental, economic, and health issues related to hydrofracking (Fracking) and Rochester, New York is now on video.

Even though, I have been paying attention to this issue and thought I knew a lot about it, I learned a lot more. Rochester, NY folks need to see these videos of this meeting.

Read my previous description of this meeting I thought I knew how bad Fracking was going to be for Rochester, NY. I was wrong. It’s much worse. What we need to know here in Rochester, NY is that even though the experts say it is ‘unlikely’ that the gas companies (and there are many with many different environmental track records) will be drilling in Monroe County there are leases already being drawn up nearby because the law being drawn up includes the Utica Shale—not just the Marcellus Shale.

Don’t sit this one out Rochester, NY. Listen to these video clips and get informed about what Fracking might mean for our area. Once approved, there is no going back.

Forum Video Clips - Welcome to R-Cause: Rochesterians Concerned About Unsafe Shale-gas Extraction FORUM: How Hydrofracking Will Impact Rochester October 16, 2011 --from Welcome to R-Cause: Rochesterians Concerned About Unsafe Shale-gas Extraction - ABOUT R-CAUSE

No comments: