Monday, December 14, 2009

Acid Rain

We haven't' heard much about Acid Rain lately. Back in 1998, when I started RochesterEnvironment.com, I had an entire page devoted to Acid Rain and it was very busy because many were concerned about dead lakes in the Adirondacks at the time. I don't know the state of Acid Rain now, but I suspect things have gotten better, not that it has fallen off mainstream’s agenda, or that it’s been solved.

What I do remember, is that Elliot Spitzer, our former NYS Attorney General, was instrumental combating this problem. Soon, I’ll do an article on this subject because I am curious as to why Acid Rain is not such a hot topic. Just because an environmental issue is not being reported on by mainstream does not mean that it should be an environmental concern.

Here's why I brought up the matter: Acid Rain Program 2008 Progress Reports | Progress Reports | Clean Air Markets | Air & Radiation | US EPA EPA has released a series of reports that evaluate progress under the Acid Rain Program (ARP) in 2008 by examining emission reductions, reviewing compliance results and market activity, and comparing changes in emissions to changes in pollutant concentrations. The first report was released in July 2009, followed by additional releases through December 2009.

No comments: